New to SIMPLE COUPONING? Click here to learn more about this site!

Facebook JavaScript SDK

Friday, May 11, 2012

Favorite Summertime Recipes: Grandma's Super Fruit Salad

Grandma's Super Fruit Salad

I just had to share this recipe with you because I LOVE to make this in the summer.  My grandma, my mom and my aunt made this all the time so it brings back a lot of memories

I do not have pictures right now to include in this post, but will add that as soon as I can.  Here you go!
  • 17 oz. fruit cocktail (reserve juice)
  • 15.5 oz. pineapple tidbits (reserve juice)
  • 16 oz. Mandarin oranges, drained
  • Maraschino cherries (cut in half), drained (OPTIONAL)
  • 4 bananas, sliced and soaked in lemon juice (drain from lemon juice)
  • Strawberries - sliced (NOT FROZEN)
  • Blueberries (NOT FROZEN)
  • 8 oz. cool whip
  • 1 small package vanilla or lemon instant pudding
Take the reserve juice from the fruit cocktail and the pineapple tidbits and add pudding mix.  Beat with blender for roughly 2 minutes until thickened.  Make sure it has thickened a bit or the salad will be runny.

In a bowl, combine the fruit cocktail, pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, bananas, strawberries, blueberries and cool whip.  TIP: Be sure all the juice is drained from the canned fruits so the salad isn't runny.  Add pudding mixture to the bowl and mix.  Enjoy!

YUMMY!  :)

Checkout these past Favorite Summertime Recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment