New to SIMPLE COUPONING? Click here to learn more about this site!

Facebook JavaScript SDK

Monday, October 29, 2012

Donate Expired Coupons to a Military Family….Coupons to Troops!

It's coming to the end of the month…

What do you plan to do with your expired coupons?

Did you know that you can donate your expired coupons to military families overseas?  That's right....military families stationed overseas can use coupons up to 6 months after their expiration date!

I've always been bothered throwing out my expired coupons each month.  FREE money in the trash....not good!  :)  You no longer need to throw them away because somebody can still use them.

There are some websites out there that help you donate your coupons, but I have discovered a great website that I think facilitates this in the best way!  Coupons to Troops is a site that helps couponers like you and me connect directly with a military family overseas.

I have personally signed up with this site and it was super easy.  Within 2 weeks of signing up, I was mailing my first package of coupons directly to a military family.  It felt so good to be able to send my expired coupons on to someone who could still save money with them.

Here are some highlights of using Coupons to Troops...

  • Easy registration form to complete.
  • Within 1 week, Coupons to Troops will have you connected with a specific family.
  • You can contact your family via e-mail and let them know when you have sent your package of coupons.
  • Since their address is a military address, you will pay US postage rates, NOT international! (I send a lot of coupons and have spent roughly $8.00 each month so far.)
  • You know your coupons are getting in the hands of someone who wants and will use them.
  • Coupons do not end up in a big pile at a base somewhere...possibly lost. They go directly to the family you are connected with.
  • You don't have to do a lot of work categorizing the coupons you send.  I just separated mine by food/non-food.

Here are pictures of what I sent in a recent month.

IMG_1553

Coupons sorted into 2 categories….non-food and food.

IMG_1554

The size of the Priority Mail package I send them in

Most of the time, I spend around $8.00 to ship my package.  Every once in a while I have a pile of extra coupons that I add and the total is more like $12.00.

To answer any other questions you have or to sign up for this awesome program, go to the Coupons to Troops website!

No comments:

Post a Comment