New to SIMPLE COUPONING? Click here to learn more about this site!

Facebook JavaScript SDK

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Coupon Myth #9: You end up buying products you don't use/need.

I thought I would add one more coupon myth to my list since I've been hearing this one lately.  One thought out there is that if you really get into couponing, you will end up buying a lot of products that you don't use and don't need.

Don't get me wrong, this can happen, but only if you let it.  Again, I go back to the importance of making coupons work for you, not the other way around.

Just because an item is free or cheap doesn't mean you should get it.  If it isn't something that you would use, then don't get it.  However, for most products, I would be willing to switch brands for a short time if it means getting something free.  One of my examples of this would be buttery spread.  I used to always buy I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spreads, but now I have purchased a wide variety of butter spreads and all of them have been FREE.  I don't really care what brand it is, so if it's FREE, it becomes my favorite.  :)

If you are sticking to a grocery budget/meal plan, you won't be getting any and every deal out there, just the ones you will use and help you lower your grocery budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment