Have you ever been excited about a great deal or free deal and you get to the store and find that the shelf is completely empty? Grrrr!
I have been there as I'm sure you have. Now, I'm not saying that everytime you see this, another couponer came by and bought up everything. That isn't always the case. Sometimes, stores just didn't have much in stock for a variety of reasons or someone simply needed a large quantity for a specific reason (party, etc...).
On a side note, if you have this experience, be sure to check with the cashier and try to get a raincheck. Don't just get frustrated and leave. Who knows, you may be able to get a better deal in the future with a raincheck.
Now, there are times where I've "cleared the shelves" simply because there were only a few products left. That is not what I'm talking about.
Shelf Clearing is NOT...
- Buying up the last of the product when there isn't much left.
- Buying a large amount of product and there is still a lot left on the shelf.
- When the shelves are full and you buy everything that's there
- It's the first day of the sale and you buy all or most of the products on the shelf.
If you would like to purchase a large quantity that you know would clear the shelves, request a special order from the order. Many times they can place an order for you and you won't have to clear the shelves for everyone else.
Also, the purpose of buying a larger number of products at one time is stockpiling. Stockpiling is simply buying enough product to last you until the next great deal....usually 3 months. I don't know about you, but I don't go through 100 tubes of toothpaste in that time. :)
All I'm saying is, be considerate of other couponers out there when you shop. Leave some deals for everyone else. :)
Check out more Couponing Etiquette Tips here.

No comments:
Post a Comment