Congratulations to the winner.....Gloria! You have received an e-mail from me with directions for receiving your book!
Thanks for all who entered! If you are interested in purchasing this book, you can head over to Amazon to purchase a copy for yourself...
Book - $11.18 (eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping)
Kindle Version - $10.09
I had the privilege recently to read an early copy of The Pursuit of Lucy Banning by Olivia Newport. This book is historical romantic fiction and is the first book in her new series, "Avenue of Dreams".
Before I go into my thoughts on the book, here is a short summary for you:
Lucy Banning may live on the exclusive Prairie Avenue among Chicago's rich and famous, but her heart lies elsewhere. Expected to marry an up-and-coming banker from a respected family, Lucy fears she will be forced to abandon her charity work--and the classes she is secretly taking at the newly opened University of Chicago. When she meets an unconventional young architect who is working on plans for the upcoming 1893 World's Fair, Lucy imagines a life lived on her own terms. Can she break away from her family's expectations? And will she ever be loved for who she truly is?Okay, I always get hooked on books like this. Once I start reading, I have a hard time putting it down. I'm sure you've been there....you're cooking supper and while you wait for your meat to cook on the stove you try to sneak in a few more lines. You know who you are. :)
I wanted to take a minute to share with you the top 3 things I enjoyed about this book.
- Sweet and clean romance...a must for a book to become a favorite.
- It is full of Chicago history. If you've ever been to Chicago, you will be familiar with many places and even people mentioned.
I have always loved Chicago. Growing up, and even now, I love to go there for short vacations whenever I can. Give me Michigan Avenue, Garrett's Carmelcorn and Starbucks and I am a happy lady! (Shopping and food always seem to be the top priorities.)
- The main character, Lucy Banning, is a strong woman who pursued her dreams while still caring for and loving her family around her.
Here is a little more about the author....
Olivia Newport's novels twist through time to discover where faith and passions meet. Her husband and two twenty-something children provide welcome distraction from the people stomping through her head on their way into her books. She chases joy in stunning Colorado at the foot of the Rockies, where day lilies grow as tall as she is.
Be sure to check out her website to learn more about her and
books she still has in process at www.olivianewport.com.
A HUGE thank you to Olivia for graciously donating one of her books as a giveaway to a reader of Simple Couponing. I am so excited to be able to offer this giveaway!
Here are the details of the giveaway and how to enter:
- Use the Rafflecopter Widget below to enter.
- Giveaway runs Monday, April 30 thru Friday, May 4. A winner will be announced on Saturday, May 5.
- "Like" Simple Couponing on Facebook - 1 Entry
- "Share" this giveaway on Facebook - 1 Entry
- Leave a comment sharing what books you have enjoyed reading recently - 1 Entry
If you have trouble viewing the Rafflecopter Widget below, click here.
a Rafflecopter giveaway


Sounds like a good book to lose myself in :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you do! It was such fun to write.
DeleteThis is the kind of book that would bring me such happiness to read :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll be able to really lose yourself in it!
DeleteCurrently reading Lynette Eason's When the Smoke Clears.
ReplyDeletebrendon8@bellsouth.net
I'm really enjoying T.L. Higley's books on the Seven Wonders of the Ancient world, but right now I'm reading her book Marduk's Tablet which is about Babylon during the time of Daniel.
ReplyDeleteSounds like an ambitious and fascinating series!
DeleteI have been reading 'Kisses for Katie'...It's a Christian book but even if you don't have those beliefs it is a great read because you realize how many kind and caring people there still are in the world! And it just kinda makes you want to be a better person :)
ReplyDeleteI have recently read 'One for the Money'...Honestly, I never thought I'd read a book like this but my girlfriend got me hooked. The author is so whitty that I literally laugh out loud at some sections!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing all the books you are reading. They all sound really great! I need to check into some of these.
ReplyDeleteI just read Taking 1960 by my editor Rosa Sophia. Awesome book!
ReplyDeleteLaura deLuca
timmiedeluca@comcast.net
Quality historical fiction can be hard to come by. I love that it sounds like this definitely fits into that category! Thank you for hosting such a great giveaway and, more than that, for sharing your thoughts on a book it seems like I love!
ReplyDelete♥,
Stephanie Grace
Sure thing! I loved having the opportunity to read it and post about it. Like I said, Chicago is one of my favorite places and the historical detail in the book was so much fun to read about. :)
DeleteThe Help, I loved it I'd love to win! eclairre(at)ymail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteThe last book I read was for a class: The Heroic Slave by Frederick Douglas...its a short novella and was a pretty interesting read.
ReplyDeleteI See by My Get-Up (That I am a Cowboy)
ReplyDeleteceis8009 at yahoo dot com
I just finished Fifty Shades of Grey.
ReplyDeleteMaggie Ann True Armstrong
maggie at pdclarion dot com
Keep them coming! Love this! :)
ReplyDelete